Photo
- - - - -

When Did Your Tpms Battery Finally Run Down?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 montreal

montreal

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:08 PM

I imagine that TPMS would likely be a part of many Matrix models dating from 2009 to 2013, and perhaps even from 2007 and 2008.

Battery life appears to depend jointly on time in use and the number of miles driven, as the sensors go to sleep whenever the vehicle is not driven.

Owners who remount their tires twice a year can probably push their sensor lifespan to the limit, but if you are like me (with a separate set of winter rims), our tires have been mounted on the same rims and have never been remounted seasonally, so when the time comes to replace our worn out tires, we will have to make a decision as to keep or replace our original sensors at the same time.

The most optimistic industry call on battery life is 10 years or 100,000 miles.

The least optimistic call is 5 years.

If you have had to replace one or more of your OEM (Pacific) TPMS sensors due to the battery and not due to mechanical or corrosion damage, can you please post the model year of your car, the year of your sensor(s) replacement, and the number of miles driven during that same period?

Thanks

#2 outlaw

outlaw

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XRS

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:14 PM

...TPMS sensors have batteries???

IG: matrixter

63222.png

#3 CORZRYDE

CORZRYDE

A bit of a whiner ;)

• Members
  • 5,020 posts
  • Interests:My Wife, daughter & son and FAST CARS! :)
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XR SC w/ C60 swap

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:45 PM

Yup, they do.  Life expectancy varies though.  My wife's RX has it's originals and it's an 08

Follow my Bragging Rights thread HERE!

2007 Matrix XR~THE LOOK~Speedway Blue~TRD oil cap~TRD CF engine cover~TRD Grille~TRD STB~Hella Horns~Tein S-Techs~Progress RSB~MB Motorsports Boost Wheels (Gold)~Ichiba spacers (15mm F, 20mm R)~colour matched projector retro headlights .....................
................................~THE POWER~TRD SC~TRD CAI~DeatschWerks 370cc injectors~GReddy E-manage Ultimate~MWR pnp harness~AEM UEGO In Line Wideband~URD AFR calibrator~C60 transmission swap~MWR Ultralight flywheel~Spec stage 1 clutch~Energy Suspension motor mount inserts~Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings~Speed Source extended push rod~TRD axle back exhaust

a295f0dc-55d0-4ddb-85d9-92ba80bf4be7_zps

2008 Lexus RX350~Bamboo Pearl~The family hauler~270HP & 251 ft. lb. torque in a modest package; the silent killer...

#4 dnm

dnm

captain pants

• Members
  • 10,269 posts
  • Interests:Toejam, but not Earl; sequels to bad movies; hair in the drain; dog farts; and broken promises.
  • 2003 Matrix XRS/2004 Matrix XRS/2007 Supercharged FJ Cruiser/2004 Audi S4/1994 Toyota Supra TT/1983 Yamaha XS400/and the real gem: 1997 Nissan Pathfinder, bιtches.

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:11 AM

its.

#5 CORZRYDE

CORZRYDE

A bit of a whiner ;)

• Members
  • 5,020 posts
  • Interests:My Wife, daughter & son and FAST CARS! :)
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XR SC w/ C60 swap

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:27 PM

tiits :P

Edited by CORZRYDE, 03 November 2016 - 03:37 PM.

Follow my Bragging Rights thread HERE!

2007 Matrix XR~THE LOOK~Speedway Blue~TRD oil cap~TRD CF engine cover~TRD Grille~TRD STB~Hella Horns~Tein S-Techs~Progress RSB~MB Motorsports Boost Wheels (Gold)~Ichiba spacers (15mm F, 20mm R)~colour matched projector retro headlights .....................
................................~THE POWER~TRD SC~TRD CAI~DeatschWerks 370cc injectors~GReddy E-manage Ultimate~MWR pnp harness~AEM UEGO In Line Wideband~URD AFR calibrator~C60 transmission swap~MWR Ultralight flywheel~Spec stage 1 clutch~Energy Suspension motor mount inserts~Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings~Speed Source extended push rod~TRD axle back exhaust

a295f0dc-55d0-4ddb-85d9-92ba80bf4be7_zps

2008 Lexus RX350~Bamboo Pearl~The family hauler~270HP & 251 ft. lb. torque in a modest package; the silent killer...