4 replies to this topic

#1 niansa

niansa

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:01 AM

Hi all!

Obligatory car pics as this is my first post...2007 XR MT...pic one pic two

Anyways, I have a couple of items to bring up and would like some suggestions/advice.

Lowering: At first I was thinking lowering springs, but then I realized that, since my 'Trix has just about 100k miles, my suspension may need to be replaced and that it would better to buy new coilovers to kill two birds with one stone. Is 100k miles a good point to replace my struts/shocks or can I get by with just getting lowering springs?

Wheels: What are your thoughts about the bullet hole wheels in this picture? I'm really diggin' the utilitarian-esque look.

Headlights: For blacking out the housing, do most people here do it themselves or buy them?

Antenna: What is considered to be the best antenna replacement (in terms of looks and quality); I'm just looking for anything to replace the silly stock one.

That's all I have for now--thanks all!

#2 niansa

niansa

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 01:21 PM

Oh, those wheels are just the factory OEM rim...

#3 ImUrOBGYN

ImUrOBGYN

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Pontiac
  • Vibe GT

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:13 AM

100k is a good time to replace the struts.  Especially, if you live somewhere up north w/crappy roads or you depend on those struts for a lot of track work or back road bombing.  Springs won't necessarily need replacing but you can check for sure by measuring sag from stock.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.  The rest I just squandered. - George Best

th_IMAG0177_zpsafa7e5cb.jpg th_IMG_0198.jpg

Too many good docs are gettin' outta business.  Too many OBGYN's aren't able to practice their... their love with women all across this country. - George W. Bush

#4 BLACKBELTMATRIX

BLACKBELTMATRIX

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

Watching this post as I have a 05 and want to start modding it, so far just tires and wheels, thinking suspension, cold air intake to start? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 outlaw

outlaw

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XRS

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:31 PM

"Best" antenna is a relative term.  My shark fin looks the best, but the best reception came from the stock RC-style antenna.

422D3E43-A431-4FF3-AF44-A0D86BD45419_zps

IG: matrixter

63222.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lowering, wheels, rims, headlights