Some of you may know i got a hold of a built 1zz engine few months back i checked it for any major problems and found nothing and seemed in good working condition. So i put the built engine in the car and took it to a shop to have a full 3" exhaust made, dyno'd and made close to 300hp. (Tuner said i was close to 320hp, but i'll go by what's on the dyno sheet instead).
After driving on the built engine for about 2 weeks (about 100 miles) i noticed white smoke coming out of the exhaust on initial start up and progressively got worse so i started looking around and noticed my return line was leaking oil and so was my oil pan. So i decided to do a little research online on some other causes and found it could be the valve stem seals (which i didn't doubt the engine was sitting for a year before i got a hold of it). So i just decided to pull the engine and take it apart and have it cleaned up and start fresh. Since i took the engine apart i looked up how much it would cost to make it into a 2.0L and come to find out it wasn't to bad, so currently that is what I am working on is turning it into a 2.0L.
Here's pictures of everything i have done with the car the past 2 years.
More updates in the next coming weeks.
Edited by HaZzArD, 21 December 2011 - 02:27 PM.