Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:39 PM
I have run across a great sealant for use in all different types of headlight projects that require baking the housing and resealing. It is the OEM sealant from Nissan/Nismo. It is a highly recommended sealant that was made for sealing headlight housings back up after opening them.
You can use this for sealing up projects like:
- Projector retrofits
- Reflector changing
- Lens replacing
- JDM painted
- LED accent lighting
The seleant is already soft so there is no need to heat it up before applying it.
1. Place a small bead of sealant along the inside of the trough of the housing where the lens would go. (The bead should only be about 1/4 of an inch thick. You should have a small amout of the original sealant on the housing already from when you baked it open.)
2. Place lens back in place .
3. Push lens and housing together as fimly as possible to make good contact with the sealant.
4. Place in a 300 degree Fahrenheight oven for about 5 minutes to get the sealant more pliable and seals better. (A heat gun works wonders also.)
5. While sealant is still warm and soft, fimly press the lens into the housing some more. Use clamps to keep it sealed if you have them.
6. Once it's all cooled down, it's sealed! Viola! Enjoy your newest finished creation that's sealed nice and tight!
- Silver Streak Mica] - 232whp/199tq
- GT28 Turbocharger, 525cc MWR injectors, FMIC, Powder Coated Black IC Piping, Forge BOV, 3" Downpipe - custom Turbo-back exhaust (TBE), 12psi
- ATS Spoiler, Shark-fin Antenna
- Weathertech Vent Visors (smoked)
- HIDs DDM 55w lows, 35w fogs (6000k, 3000k), Silverstar highs & turn signals
- Custom RX330 Projector Retrofit
- JDM Black Headlight Housings
- Back-lit Mirror Turn Signals, 3rd Brake Light, Red Dome Lighting
- Custom Blue/Red Gauge Cluster, ScangaugeII, Prosport Boost & Wideband AFR Gauges
- 20% Tint Rear 5 Windows
- TRD Upper Grille
- OEM Mud Guards
- Valor NVG-606W In-Dash Navigation HU, 10" Infinity Sub, Kenwood Amp
- BC Racing BR-Type Coilovers
- TRD STB, Front & Rear Sway Bar
- Energy Suspension Motor Mounts
- B&M Transmission Cooler