Wow...where's The Vibes?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jenisiz

Jenisiz

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

Can't believe it's this dead with the vibes? Poke...anyone out there?

#2 Vipfreak

Vipfreak

Resident Black out Ur Car Cop

• Members
  • 7,379 posts
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XRS

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

Well, Pontiac is dead... so. Either way no offense but you make that half a** attempt at a car like on the rear gate as GM has they deserve to go down. It's just all of GM needs to follow soon.

See My MANDATORY Black Out Guide HERE!

Use, Plastic Dip, Paint, or Black Vinyl

42065.png

DSC02401_sig_copy.png

#3 Jenisiz

Jenisiz

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

Well, Pontiac is dead... so. Either way no offense but you make that half a** attempt at a car like on the rear gate as GM has they deserve to go down. It's just all of GM needs to follow soon.

Personally I jumped on the Vibe over the Trix because of the side profile...it was pure choice for me. And since I'm a yota junky...it was easy to stiff the stealership for the extra 3k discount bc it was a "pontiac".

#4 walker428

walker428

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

Personally I jumped on the Vibe over the Trix because of the side profile...it was pure choice for me. And since I'm a yota junky...it was easy to stiff the stealership for the extra 3k discount bc it was a "pontiac".

The first year I like the pontiac version style better than the toyota and they stop producing them... sad.

#5 Jenisiz

Jenisiz

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

The first year I like the pontiac version style better than the toyota and they stop producing them... sad.

Yeah...that was a major factor in the reason I purchased it. It's a rare car out here...I've only seen 3 in the past 2 months which is nice to start off with a platform that is unique. The design imho was better then the second gen matrix and they run a vast majority of the same mechanics so it was an easy choice. It's always easier to fab a bumper then it is sheet metal. I'm a mod over at 9thgen...just wanted to see if there was ANY activity over yonder :(

#6 Vipfreak

Vipfreak

Resident Black out Ur Car Cop

• Members
  • 7,379 posts
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XRS

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

If were talking the New Matrix vs Vibe... It would be a little easier to consider a Vibe since the current Matrix isn't that great anymore. If were talking old gen, I don't care Matrix all the way. (no offense second gen people here. xD) I will admit the front is decent ish but after that no... I think it's rare more because Pontiac is dead then anything else really.

See My MANDATORY Black Out Guide HERE!

Use, Plastic Dip, Paint, or Black Vinyl

42065.png

DSC02401_sig_copy.png

#7 Jenisiz

Jenisiz

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

If were talking the New Matrix vs Vibe... It would be a little easier to consider a Vibe since the current Matrix isn't that great anymore. If were talking old gen, I don't care Matrix all the way. (no offense second gen people here. xD) I will admit the front is decent ish but after that no... I think it's rare more because Pontiac is dead then anything else really.

I agree...and that's the point. It's a discontinued matrix...I don't care for their other models...I just cared for the 2nd gen vibe. And I would've got the xrs 1st gen if there were any reasonable out there...but I couldn't pass up 12k for this vibe. Especially since I can snag a TC turbo complete kit for 1500 for it.

Edited by Jenisiz, 05 August 2010 - 09:13 PM.

#8 Red Devil

Red Devil

Formerly Kevera

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
  • Voltz

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:57 AM

I'd take my 1st gen Vibe over your Trix any day. :(
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 MatrixDom

MatrixDom

Guru

• Members
  • 2,709 posts
  • Mazda
  • 3 Sport GX

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:23 AM

It's true. I see 10x more Matrices then Vibes around here. I saw like 6 different Matrix in about a minute the other day I thought I was dreaming. lol

Can't wait to see what the next generation Matrix will look like and what its gonna have to offer.
220194.png
342235.png
2007 Toyota Matrix Base (SOLD)

#10 madbikes

madbikes

Guru

• Members
  • 3,827 posts
  • Interests:Glow-engine R/C cars, Guild Wars, Taiko, Cars

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:57 PM

The Pontiac Vibe is originally a Toyota vehicle called Voltz.
04 Matrix (4-speed auto)
-Winter "rain" mode (stock airbox minus intake snorkel)
-Pivot Blue Raizin Voltage stabilizer and Ignition Ground system
-Philips G4 ballast + "6000K "Philips "Ultinon" HID
-Powerslot slotted rotors (new design) w/Hawk HPS pads
-Tokico Blues + stock springs
-05+ rear lights
-Progress RSB
-TRD STB
-Technafit SS brake lines
-Magnaflow full cat-back
-Energy Suspension Lower Control Arm Bushings (a must if you're lowered)

12' Golf (5-speed manual)
Coming soon: AWE Tuning cat-back exhaust, Carbonio CF CAI and probably a tune.

#11 vibenvy

vibenvy

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Pontiac
  • Vibe GT

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

All the Vibes are on GenVibe.

15076682456_2f61eedbd1_m.jpg

#12 star_deceiver

star_deceiver

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:46 PM

All the Vibes are on GenVibe.

Yup!!!

Here's a little snow....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 tpollauf

tpollauf

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Pontiac
  • Vibe GT

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Two more Vibes here :biggrinsmiley: As they start to require maintenance more often, they will liklely be getting Totota OEM parts. I've heard they're better, more affordable, and easily obtained. I love these litle cars :biggrinsmiley:

Posted Image
"Everything is modifiable"

Posted Image

#14 comfortcruiser

comfortcruiser

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Cars,Animals, and weather
  • Toyota
  • Matrix

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

I agree...and that's the point. It's a discontinued matrix...I don't care for their other models...I just cared for the 2nd gen vibe. And I would've got the xrs 1st gen if there were any reasonable out there...but I couldn't pass up 12k for this vibe. Especially since I can snag a TC turbo complete kit for 1500 for it.

#15 comfortcruiser

comfortcruiser

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Cars,Animals, and weather
  • Toyota
  • Matrix

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

I don't care I just got the 2nd gen 11' Matrix and i'm enjoying it. I just came over here to see what the Vibe was doing in a Matrix forum....wow the inside of the Vibe looks pretty similar. Something i'd like to add about the other reason why I didn't want to get a 1st gen Matrix is because I heard that they have alot of transmission problems. I read about alot of consumers complaining about needing to have their transmission replaced on edmunds. The 11' Matrix got 5 out of 5 stars. I also kind of prefer the Matrix's styling over the Vibe's, although i'm also a strong supporter of GM. Felt sad when they were going under and had to close down most of their factories. Another reason why I like the Matrix is because i'm a big wagon fan and I loved the Saturn wagon, sorry to see them go.