Keyhole covers by KeyTechniques
Posted Image

Posted Image

1.Matrix
2. xA
3. 9th gen Corolla
4. tC
5. Pontiac Vibe

These units cover the key hole to give the car a somewhat shaved door appearance. The key holes disturb the lines of the car and when they are covered up the car takes on a subtle refined uniform look. You may never need to use the key hole if you have the factory or aftermarket key less entry but in case something were to happen don't worry as they can come out in an emergency and can be reused. If the optional method of installation is followed then it will be very difficult for some passer by or some punk kid to remove them without taking great interest.

You may have seen these plugs on factory automobiles like the Lexus and Mercedes and soon enough they will probably remove keyholes all together like my friends Lexus IS250 which doesnít even have one on the driverís side.

Each cover will be modified to fit and will be individually tested before they are painted to OEM colors and shipped out. I use the best and costly materials to paint to assure good color match.

Matrix covers
2 for $16.00 shipped
3 for $22.00 shipped
4 for $26.00 shipped

For international shipping add $2.00

Ordering instructions:
Please follow the instructions with care.

1.) Specify on this thread youíre order with the following information:

a) quantity
b/ paint code (Please check next post for color codes.)

2.) Paypal keytechniques@hotmail.com

3.) You must paypal the amount and indicate in the email subject box or message box the following information:

a) Quantity:
b/ PAINT CODE :
c) Car Make: Matrix
d) SCREEN NAME and name of the website where you ordered:. Matrixowners.com

Instructions on using your Keyhole covers
Warning
* Your keyhole covers are not colored plastic they are painted so please treat them with care and don't manhandle them

Mounting:
The covers consist of two parts.
1. Cover
2. Stem

Posted Image
The stem on the Matrix cover comes with a thin coat of contact cement to roughen up the stem and add tension to it. Observe the diagram closely to figure out the orientation of the eccentric stem to the door lock and insert the cover by stabbing it downwards and pushing the stem into the keyhole, then move it around until it is flush as can be. You will notice that the cover goes only one way due to the eccentric stem. If it does not go in on the first try changing the angle until it goes in but don't be rough with it. Remember that you will not get it to be absolutely flush due to the irregular thickness around the hole but you will find that it comes within acceptable range.

Additional step:
Both covers should fit relatively snug but it is best to remove the cover after you have them seated well and add a small bead of contact cement on the stem, Wait 10 minutes then insert them into place. The contact cement only touches the hinged door in one small area on the out side of the lock and the rest is floating on the inside and touches nothing. This will insure that no one can easily remove the cover or any chance of it falling out. I recommend this step to ensure your satisfaction. Contact Cement is a low tension adhesive which is water resistant available at any automotive or hardware store for under $2.00. Please only use this adhesive and not a stronger one.

Removal:

You will need to first push the cover down and insert your driverís license or credit car through the gap and fish it out. the adhesive point on the lock hinge stretches and the cover is free to come out.

Reinsertion:
Take a Q-tip doused in Alcohol and clean the adhesion point on the out side of the lock hinge which dissolves easily and replete the procedure.

The adhesion method is non destructive and can be cleaned up easy with any solvent.

*[/b]Your covers use some of the best materials for manufacture including a UV resistant clear coat which is special ordered from Germany.
Treat your covers well and it will give you many years of good service

Personal note: I am a car enthusiast just like you and trusted on many forums for my efforts and services. Please PM me if you have any complaints or problems and I will try to respond ASAP to help solve your problem.
I have sold these covers in the thousands all over the world with great success so please purchase with confidence.

Thanks
dev

Edited by KEYTECHNIQUES, 25 February 2008 - 09:37 PM.

#2 KEYTECHNIQUES

KEYTECHNIQUES

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:34 PM

Matrix Colors

Black Sand Pearl - 209
Indigo Ink Pearl - 8P4
Phantom Grey Pearl - 1E3
Shadow Mica - 1F4
Silver Streak Mica - 1E7
Solar Yellow - 576
Super White - 040
* new color* Radiant Red - 3L5
* new color* Lunar Mist Met - 1C8

Base model Matrix - Semi flat black is available Just specify in the message box on Paypal.

I have many other colors as I do this for other makes so if you don't see your color listed please let me know as I might have it.

Thanks for having me here and I believe I sold at least 20 sets already to matrix owners that purchased from other forms I do business with.

Edited by KEYTECHNIQUES, 29 February 2008 - 12:24 PM.

#3 happyhooder

happyhooder

you can't handle this level of AWESOME!

• Members
  • 6,355 posts
  • toyota
  • matrix 4wd

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:41 PM

would this fit on the hatch too?

i see no mention of it...

Posted Image

more info on the car here more info on my trix
Wagon Life Style

#4 KEYTECHNIQUES

KEYTECHNIQUES

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

would this fit on the hatch too?

i see no mention of it...

Sorry it wont. I have been working on a hatch solution for some time now at the request of the Genvibe and 9thgen corolla guys.
I may have soothing this spring if I keep at it. regardless when I do come out with it I do not plan to charge shipping to all those that order the keyhole covers now so that they are not penalized in anyway with paying shipping twice.

Thanks
dev

#5 loop

loop

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XR

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:43 PM

Matrix Colors

Black Sand Pearl - 209 ('03-'06)
Indigo Ink Pearl - 8P4 ('03-'06)
Phantom Grey Pearl - 1E3 ('04-'06)
Shadow Mica - 1F4 ('05-'06)
Silver Streak Mica - 1E7 ('05-'06)
Solar Yellow - 576 ('04)
Super White - 040 ('03-'06)

I have many other colors as I do this for other makes so if you don't see your color listed please let me know as I might have it.

Thanks for having me here and I believe I sold at least 20 sets already to matrix owners that purchased from other forms I do business with.

uhhhh.... this is gonna be a stupid question. :huh:

the 209 / black sand pearl - is that the same code on the '07 as well? I'm sure it is, but I don't want to order without knowing for sure. thanks in advance.
2007 Matrix XR (black sand pearl) [] DC Sports strut tower brace [] CosmoRacing short ram intake [] AEM Dryflow filter [] TRD rear sway bar [] TRD lowering springs [] Debadged rear [] Tinted [] Toshiba 9012 / 9011 HIR low / high beams [] Hella Xenon Extreme Yellow fogs [] Pioneer DEH-P5000UB head unit [] "JDM" style short antenna [] 17x8 Enkei Racing RFP1

Posted Image

- endcycle -

#6 xaudioprox

xaudioprox

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XR

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:42 AM

quantity = 2
paint code = 1E7

Edited by xaudioprox, 26 February 2008 - 12:42 AM.

People are talking about your mother.
(And not in the "she makes good cookies" kinda of way.)
Defend her honor by Clicking Here

#7 SiLLy R@bbit

SiLLy R@bbit

Guru

• Members
  • 2,056 posts
  • VW
  • R@bbit

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:24 AM

what paint code for us base models with the matte black??

really like the idea of the hatch cover, i might wait for the release of that to order
Posted Image

#8 KEYTECHNIQUES

KEYTECHNIQUES

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:12 AM

Matrix Colors

Black Sand Pearl - 209
Indigo Ink Pearl - 8P4
Phantom Grey Pearl - 1E3
Shadow Mica - 1F4
Silver Streak Mica - 1E7
Solar Yellow - 576
Super White - 040

uhhhh.... this is gonna be a stupid question. :huh:

the 209 / black sand pearl - is that the same code on the '07 as well? I'm sure it is, but I don't want to order without knowing for sure. thanks in advance.

I removed the dates on the paint code above. black sand pearl is still 209 so please place your order.

Thanks
dev

Edited by KEYTECHNIQUES, 26 February 2008 - 06:13 AM.

#9 KEYTECHNIQUES

KEYTECHNIQUES

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:16 AM

what paint code for us base models with the matte black??

really like the idea of the hatch cover, i might wait for the release of that to order

I just updated the post to include a semi-flat black cover to match the base handles. I have allready done these for the Vibe guys but forgot to include it on the list.

In regard to the hatch cover I would not wait for it because I have been working for almost a year trying to get something to work. When I hopefully do I will not charge you the shipping cost if you purchase the covers first.

Thanks
dev

#10 sk8r78

sk8r78

Guru

• Members
  • 2,953 posts
  • Interests:Driving
  • TOYOTA
  • Matrix XR

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:28 AM

I'm not trying to take away they're fire, but I have had my keyholes(the Hatch also) covered for a few years, but not from Keytechniques,
I did mine from OReilly autoparts for $1.70 Mine are Not color Matched but blend well with my car and should as well with the Base handles.
I'm not vouching for or endorsing Keytechniques but its a a big improvement in looks and for all you off color drivers, color matching is your best option and they're prices are less than other manufacturers.
Heres my post and How to: http://matrixowners....topic=47050&hl=

Edited by sk8r78, 26 February 2008 - 08:05 AM.

#11 loop

loop

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XR

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:38 AM

ordered 3, code 209.
2007 Matrix XR (black sand pearl) [] DC Sports strut tower brace [] CosmoRacing short ram intake [] AEM Dryflow filter [] TRD rear sway bar [] TRD lowering springs [] Debadged rear [] Tinted [] Toshiba 9012 / 9011 HIR low / high beams [] Hella Xenon Extreme Yellow fogs [] Pioneer DEH-P5000UB head unit [] "JDM" style short antenna [] 17x8 Enkei Racing RFP1

Posted Image

- endcycle -

#12 XR2003

XR2003

Photobucket can kiss my A S S !!!

• Members
  • 15,614 posts
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XR

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:45 AM

no color code for the 03/04 lunar mist Matrix?

1C8

Just want to make sure that you are able to accomodate all the colors of the Matrix.
QUOTE (mistamatrix @ Nov 20 2006, 01:11 PM)I'm sick like that.
QUOTE (PEImatrix @ Apr 1 2007, 11:11 PM) The car is pissed at you for cuttin it's nuts off!

Posted Image

#13 KEYTECHNIQUES

KEYTECHNIQUES

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

1C8

Just want to make sure that you are able to accomodate all the colors of the Matrix.

I don't have that color as of yet but I will order it if you place an order for it.

Do you know of any other colors I am missing as I do have many others that I have not listed.

thanks
dev

#14 PsymonPsays

PsymonPsays

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XR

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

1C8

I don't have that color as of yet but I will order it if you place an order for it.

Do you know of any other colors I am missing as I do have many others that I have not listed.

thanks
dev

Not seeing Radiant Red - 3L5 ('03-'08)

Edited by PsymonPsays, 26 February 2008 - 12:16 PM.

#15 XR2003

XR2003

Photobucket can kiss my A S S !!!

• Members
  • 15,614 posts
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XR

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:26 PM

courtesy from MOer Rivot:

http://matrixowners....;hl=color codes

Black Sand Pearl - 209 ('03-'08)
Cosmic Blue Metallic - 8Q5 ('03-'08)
Desert Sand Mica - 4Q2 ('03)
Indigo Ink Pearl - 8P4 ('03-'08)
Lunar Mist Metallic - 1C8 ('03-'04)
Phantom Grey Pearl - 1E3 ('04-'08)
Radiant Red - 3L5 ('03-'08)
Shadow Mica - 1F4 ('05-'06)
Silver Streak Mica - 1E7 ('05-'08)
Solar Yellow - 576 ('04)
Speedway Blue - 8P1 ('07-'08)
Super White - 040 ('03-'08)

QUOTE (mistamatrix @ Nov 20 2006, 01:11 PM)I'm sick like that.
QUOTE (PEImatrix @ Apr 1 2007, 11:11 PM) The car is pissed at you for cuttin it's nuts off!

Posted Image

#16 KEYTECHNIQUES

KEYTECHNIQUES

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:37 PM

Thanks I will update my list. The only one I can provide at this time is the 1C8. The others I will need to wait for at least 2 orders for the colors that I don't have to make the purchase.

Thanks
dev

#17 Maxx

Maxx

• Members
  • 995 posts
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XR

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

Hi dev,

a. 3x Keyhole Covers
b. Paint Code = Radiant Red (3L5)

PS - One more vote for the hatch cover.

#18 SuperPoser

SuperPoser

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

Desert Sand Mica - 4Q2 ('03)

I will take a set of these, with the hatch version if you are going to make these soon ;o)

#19 TRXR4KDS

TRXR4KDS

Guru

• Members
  • 4,891 posts
  • Interests:Boats, cars.
  • Toyota
  • Matrix XRS

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:31 AM

I don't believe he has a hatch cover yet. I'll wait to order the 3 when he gets them designed, manufactured and up for sale.
Posted Image

#20 KEYTECHNIQUES

KEYTECHNIQUES

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:45 AM

We have decided to make the next batch this Thursday. If you have not ordered then please do at this time as the cut off for this next batch is 12PM Tomorrow.

Also we have decided to give everyone a discount on the hatch cover to all those that order keyhole covers before the hatch cover has been made.
When the hatch cover has been made sometime this spring you will be eligible for the discount and free shipping.

Thanks
dev

Edited by KEYTECHNIQUES, 27 February 2008 - 11:50 AM.